Interesting read, and yesterday they released an update on the survey results where they published comments submitted in the survey and several mentions of clothing optional… So despite the apparent dismissal of beach users in the meeting on the 13th which this article is about the NPWS has still made public the opinions of those that filled out the survey… Hopefully that’s enough… I’ve informed the Sydney Skinny of this so hopefully they will lobby in the background as they are a major stakeholder too..
The presentation was hosted by the NPWS, and focused on the plans the NPWS would like to implement on the Middle Head area. The meeting was held by invitation only to registered persons and groups interested in the Master plan. The following people presented the Master Plan:
· Peter HAY – NPWS Regional Manager – Metro NE;
· Stuart McMAHON – NPWS Community Engagement Officer;
· Adam HUNTER – Director at Environmental Partnership & Andersen Hunter Horne;
· NPWS – planning officers and others, including Mari KOECK; and
· Sydney Harbour Trust officers.
Mari KOECK opened the presentation and gave an overview of the results of the public questionnaire that closed in Jun 2016.
Major Issues raised by the respondents were:
· Heritage – indigenous and military
About 830 submissions submitted with 27%…
View original post 1,003 more words